Tonight for family home evening (our first semi-formal one in a long while), we both shared our inhibitions about life and the questions we have about our own trials that admittedly seem small when vocalized, but are very troublesome in our minds. Quite frankly, we feel extremely belittled by the nature of our situations. To put your minds at ease, we are well enough off.
Shortly after our discussion, I had questions flow into my head--doubts about being so tired when I have so much to do, so much to prepare, and so many people to be there for, starting with my wife and daughter. I'm exhausted. I have no time. I have no strength to get up in the morning. I feel sluggish, and things keep piling up on my plate and I haven't the slightest idea how to handle it all.
It was quite a random thought, even though it's been weighing on me for quite some time along with the fact that I graduated from one of the best animation programs in the world and still don't have the job that I've been preparing for. Sometimes it's hard not to feel like I got cheated somewhere along the path to where I currently stand.
Sorry--Daddy rant.
My answer came to me immediately this time. Maybe I was prompted to ask those questions at that moment because emotionally, I was feeling quite humbled and open to God's promptings. The answer came to my mind from a verse of scripture that I've become quite fond of since I was growing up.
Isaiah 40:31 -- But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
The hard thing about spreading yourself so thin is that you tend to not satisfy the demands or needs of any one area. I try to make my wife my priority, and I work hard to try to earn a career so we can live in peace. However, any and all who 'wait upon the Lord', that is to say they that go to Him both in times of trouble as well as in times of wellbeing, will be prospered at His hand. No effort of ours will be wasted if we do it in faith knowing that He will help us if we do our part.
When have you felt desperation? When have you felt divine intervention on your behalf to help you accomplish difficult things?
When have you felt desperation? When have you felt divine intervention on your behalf to help you accomplish difficult things?
No comments:
Post a Comment