Pages

14 January 2014

A warm pillow and a kiss on the cheek

Occasionally, before I leave in the morning, I get out of the shower to see that my wife has rolled over onto my side of the bed where it's warm.  I love mornings like those where I know she's at least sort of awake so I can kiss her on the cheek and not freak her out.  When she rolls over like that, I feel loved and missed.  It's a powerful thing.  I love my wife dearly, and I know she loves me, but this sort of occurrence strengthens me and motivates me because I know that I belong in her heart.  I know that she needs me, as does my daughter.

She doesn't always notice me leave.

It's happened only a handful of times before, but this morning, she was so fast asleep that I would have felt like a monster for waking her up, so I let her sleep.  She's so beautiful, and I'm so blessed to have her.  I could have stood-by, watching her for hours.  Alas, the bacon doesn't come home on its own!  I had to make like a tree and get going.

What are the tender moments in your relationships that make you feel like a million bucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment