Pages

04 July 2014

Independence Day 2014

Part 1


This is my Instagram post from this morning followed by some pictures from this evening.  I'll get some more in-between pictures up . . . sometime.  We had some great fun playing in a small pool Nini's dad had bought for the grandkids, and it was nice to simply kick back together and relax some.  Scarlett and I played some 'tag' and we all ate some great food.
Just hung the Star Spangled Banner in our front room while singing the national anthem. I think it may have been the first or second time I've cried during that solemn hymn, and it was because of a sacred feeling of gratitude for being able to live here. I'm grateful for our founding fathers and this one nation under God. I'm grateful for good men and women who protect the rights afforded them by their Creator. I'm thankful to my family members, friends, and others who have put their lives on the line to defend the life and liberty of all. To them I desire the greatest of the blessings of heaven.






Happy Independence Day to y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment