Pages

26 January 2014

Sophie

Since before we were even considering having a baby, Nini has fantasized the perfect nursery.  One of her requirements for the perfect nursery was a popular French giraffe named Sophie.  Nini was in love with the idea of raising a baby in a French-style decorated nursery, and Sophie would be the crowning jewel.  I like how the toy looks, and wanted to get it for when Scarlett was born, but because of all the other expenses we were accruing (i.e. a child), I decided to hold off.

And then I forgot about Sophie.

Christmas came, and I was able to think of a billion and one things to get for Nini last year for Christmas, but my daughter is so content playing with a plastic water bottle that I had no idea what to get for her.  She still doesn't talk, so figuring out what she wants is tough.  I wanted to get her something that she would enjoy for years even, not just for the next couple of months, and I wanted to surprise Nini.  Nothing was coming to mind.

And then I remembered Sophie.

It hit me that it would be the perfect gift.  I figured Nini would probably appreciate it more than Scarlett, but I hoped it would find a place in our teething baby's mouth.  It did.







These pictures are some I took a few days ago on a lovely loafing evening.  Some nights we like to just relax all together and take pictures of whatever happens.  

I love those days.

What are some of the favorite memories you have with your family?  When do you feel like others have considered your interests enough to do something to make you smile?  How can you be more considerate of others and their interests?  Feel free to comment or treat it as food for thought.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment