Pages

04 February 2015

Prophetic Counsel

The prophet is the Lord's oracle on the earth for us in our day.  He communicates with God, and brings His commandments to His children so they can draw closer to the Lord and partake of salvation.

I have a very strong testimony that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet in our day.

This October's general conference of the church was fabulous, and don't get me wrong, but I sat watching in fear the entire time.  Friday night, the night before the first session was to start, I had a dream that the prophet stood at the pulpit, and with sullen expression announced that the Lord had declared that chocolate was now against the Word of Wisdom--the Lord's law of health.  My dream then flashed through a montage of thousands of people snarfing down whatever chocolate they had left in their house.  I flashed over to myself last, and saw that with heavy heart, I dropped my big bag of chocolate chips, hot chocolate powder, and Nutella (that was a hard one) right into the dumpster.

With that as a pretext, give the prophet's talk a listen:



Great talk.  That aside, can you see why I was freaking out?  #Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment