So, I've learned a few terms over the past short bit.
- "Labor of Love" -- I see this one associated with freelance position postings all of the time. What they mean to say is that they are looking for a talented artist who is passionate enough to give their precious time and work away for free. That's not what "freelance" means, so don't let people walk all over you. If it's truly a "labor of love," they should do every aspect on their own and work until it's done.
- "The Industry" -- Other places it's different, but for obvious reasons, here in Los Angeles, "the industry" refers to film.
- "YOLO" -- I've accepted that I'm out of the loop. "YOLO" means you only live once.
- the "Oliver Garden" -- This one is a funny story. So, because LA has such diversity where people may not necessarily speak English as their first language, we get to hear some interesting takes on English words or phrases. One time, we were out and heard a Spanish-speaker say "Oliver Garden" when we figured they probably meant to say "Olive Garden." Common mix-up.
- There are many other phrases and words that I'll refrain from adding to my blog--neither at this time, nor in any future time. Thank you for understanding. lol
Keep on keeping on!
No comments:
Post a Comment